Thursday, December 6, 2012

NEEDLE PUNCH FUN

 
 
This summer our rug guild did these little needle punch boxes.  The boxes came unfinished.  You painted the box and then needle punched an insert for the lid.  I used a vinegar paint technique that makes the wood look like a birds eye maple veneer. Then I distressed paper and glued it into the box with a finish coat of modge podge. Next I needle punched  a design from Maggie Bonanomi's book Nature's Offerings. Now I have a place to keep all of my needle punch stuff. I only wish I had taken pictures before and after of the process. I just decide to do a project then get way into it before I think  to take pictures. Maybe I will learn next time. probably not
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tonia - that turned out so pretty! The paper you lined it with is PERFECT with the punch needle - and your painting technique so gorgeous! Nice way to store all your supplies now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Punch Needle Box is truly beautiful.
    So nicely done.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete